|Sastha.com, Inc., USA||Job Advertising Details, $125 per ad for 120 days. Email the Job Posting e-mail: Sastha.com, Inc. or Submit Job Posting. Call 313-882-3776 I Add Resume / CV|
Date Posted: 2/17/14
The mission of the BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing is to deploy technology in a safe and environmentally friendly way. Our research, testing, approval and regulation activities are intended to promote safety in engineering and chemistry. As a higher federal authority and departmental research institution of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi), with 1700 employees, we have national and international responsibilities, cooperate with universities and non-university research institutions and support young academics.
For the Division 8.5 Micro Non-destructive Testing in Berlin-Steglitz ,
Starting: as soon as possible, we look for a
Level 13 TVöD
18 months fixed-term contract, with option to extend the contract for another period of 18 months
Ph.D. on the subject: Optimization of X-ray optical methods for the investigation of crack networks in metallic welds
· Development and application of X-ray methods in the non-destructive characterization of 3D crack networks in metals
· Development (design and construction) of an in-situ test rig dedicated to metallic materials
· Development of specific software for statistical analysis (algorithms for detection and quantification of crack networks, orientation, size etc.)
· Comparison with other standard techniques (e.g. light and electron microscopy)
· Study of the portability of the technique to other material classes (e.g. reinforced plastic composites)
· Collaboration with other groups, inside and outside BAM.
· Proper documentation through Seminars, Reports, Publications
· Diploma/Master in Physics, Materials Science or similar disciplines
· Knowledge in the following fields:
o X-ray Scattering
o Image Analysis
· Good command of at least one, ideally more specific program languages, e.g., Matlab, Labview
· English is a must, German is a plus
Detailed information on duties and profile requirements can be retrieved by calling Dr. Müller at +49-30-8104-1852, or by e-mailing him (email@example.com).
BAM is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from women are particularly encouraged. Registered severely disabled applicants demonstrating equal eligibility will be given preferential consideration: they need only to meet minimum physical requirements.
Please send your application by mail, quoting reference number 014/14 8.5
until March 21, 2014 to Division Z.3, Unter den Eichen 87, 12205 Berlin Germany
Please note that applications sent via e-mail will NOT be considered.
Global Job Search
Refer to MaterialsJobs.com (Met 317) when applying for this Job
Go to MaterialsJobs.com