Date Posted: 3/10/12
Our client, a leading manufacturer of accessory equipment for the paper and web converting industry, is seeking a Materials Engineer with solid understanding of and experience with various metals and metal treatments, plasma spray and HVOF coatings. Working knowledge of fiber and particle reinforced composites and plastics, is a plus.
The company is looking for a technically driven professional who thrives on having his or her work become commercialized product. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with solid project management skills whos capable of working with little supervision.
Focused on supporting and providing avenues for growth for the companys consumable products business, primary responsibilities include:
· Utilizing an applied research approach to develop new (and improve existing), metallic and composite based blade and wear surface products.
· Developing and completing specialized materials testing programs in order to evaluate and compare various blade and wear surface products.
· Interacting directly with Sales, product managers and customers so that customer needs, related to blades and other wear surfaces, are thoroughly understood.
· Continuously evaluating existing product offerings and identifying New Product Development opportunities.
· Researching leading edge materials and materials processing technologies and other materials related topics that are applicable to its business (either for product development or product promotion purposes) and presenting this information to internal audiences.
· Building technical relationships with one or more of the local technical/engineering universities, collaborating with academic resources to support product development and product promotion.
· Providing technical support to Sales, Customers, Application Engineers, Manufacturing, Purchasing and others on materials related topics.
· Observing safe practices and company policies.
· Performing other tasks, as required.
Qualifications, in addition to those described, include:
· B.S., Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering w/concentration in materials
· 5 yrs. manufacturing experience in various metals, metal treatment, industrial coatings
· Familiarity with fiber and particle reinforced composites including plastics
· Computer proficiency and expertise with MSOffice- Excel, PowerPoint, Word
· Highly motivated with positive attitude, capable of working well in team environment and on individual assignments
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proven problem solving and decision making skills
· Exceptional organizational skills- able to work within tight time frames and resourceful in working on multiple assignments-willing to take initiative to contribute on other projects
· Willingness to travel about 25% of the time
The Materials Engineer, reporting to Research and Development Manager, will be challenged by the commitment to innovation that our client espouses in developing patented technologies and innovative products for papermaking and web converting industries. A competitive compensation package, including full benefits is offered. Local candidates preferred no relocation package is available. Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com EOE
and Post your Resume/Profile on MaterialsMedia.com
Refer to MaterialsJobs.com (Met 303) when applying for this Job
Go to MaterialsJobs.com
NICHEJOBS.COM - hrmjobs.com I weldingjobs.com I chemistryjobs.com I materialsjobs.com I physicsjobs.com I buyingjobs.com I physicsjobs.com I manufacturingjob.com I sellingjobs.com I mathjob.com I loanjobs.com I chejobs.com I supplyjobs.com I inspectionjob.com I journalismjob.com I mechanicjob.com I meteorologyjob.com I patentjobs.com I pharmacyjob.com I refrigerationjob.com I sciencesjobs.com I tempsjobs.com I textilejob.com I transportationjob.com I brandingjobs.com I counselorjob.com I dairyjob.com I dentistryjob.com I electricianjob.com I electronicsjob.com I forestjob.com I geneticsjobs.com I guidejobs.com I historyjobs.com I recruiterjob.com I roboticsjobs.com I statisticsjob.com I petrochemicaljobs.com I airconditioningjobs.com I facultyjob.com I leatherjobs.com I medicojobs.com I minejobs.com I museumjob.com I physiotherapyjob.com I enggjobs.com