Master Production Planner/Scheduler required for Carmarthen based manufacturer
Your new role
The Master Production Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for the scheduling of all production lines through the full utilisation of the current ERP system (iScala). The person will lead the planning process team in the development and implementation of benchmark processes utilising the ERP system and lean manufacturing techniques. Key to this is the creation of master schedules based on sequence and lead time of each operation, development of iScala generated inventory plans This will, in turn, maximise the plant's running efficiency while minimising labour and storage costs, and the development and analysis of longer term schedules to achieve plant KPI's. The position will oversee the complete planning process, working within a team of 3 which includes a Logistics Coordinator and a Material Controller.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5-10 years production planning experience in a fast-paced, multi-line manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years ERP system planning experience, with full understanding of Master Production Scheduling, Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP), Works Order Management (WO), and Inventory Management (IM).
- iScala ERP experience and knowledge preferred. Microsoft Dynamics ERP knowledge a bonus.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Strong proactive approach is a must.
What you'll get in return
A salary of £27k to £32k DOE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.