As a Senior Electronics Design Engineer you will be able to apply your breadth of experience and original thinking skills to developing new solutions for customers.
In particular, you will be able to:
- Understand product requirements, suggest architectures and additional features.
- Specify circuitry at a high level for detail design by yourself and others.
- Demonstrate expertise in the detailed design of digital circuitry, analogue circuitry, power supplies and systems
- Develop FPGA code in VHDL/Verilog/System Verilog to meet system requirements
- Define hardware design verification requirements for wireless modem cards
- Develop designer test FPGA/software code and perform circuit level design verification
- Perform system level testing
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent electronics hardware design experience
- Able to work at levels from architecture through detailed design to system test.
- An understanding of wireless based communication systems
- Able to decompose an architecture into elements suitable for detailed design and designer verification
- Able to perform schematic capture and guide the layout of pcb circuitry
- Able to perform circuit testing using oscilloscopes, logic analysers etc.
- Able to compare measured results with theoretical expectations and determine pass/fail criteria
- Fluent VHDL/Verilog/System Verilog (using Xilinx/Altera tools).
- Able to document test results.
Other valuable abilities:
- An understanding of wireless standards such as 802.11 and LTE
- Ethernet hardware interfacing, protocol and test using data test sets
- Design and use of high speed interfaces such as SGMII, PCIe, SRIO, CPRI.
- Able to write drivers, test software ('C')
- Scripting in Python to control FPGA build and test
- EMC and regulatory requirements
- Design for and introduction into volume manufacture